Metfone Cambodian League – Week-20 Results

Nagaworld defeated Ministry of National Defense 2-0 to secure another three vital points that help them maintain their top spot in the league table after Week 20 of 22. Coach Meas Channa’s side got a great start to the match against their arch rivals with their dominance of the first half before a heavy rain in the second half that made it hard for both sides to apply their tactic due to flooded pitch. Sung Chihoon opened the scoring to put Nagaworld in front before Bisan George bagged his twenty-second league goal to help Nagaworld snatch all three points, with both goals scored in the first half.

Visakha thrashed G.C National Police 4-1 following a tough 0-0 draw at half-time. Keo Sokpheng opened the scoring to give Visakha the lead in the sixty-seventh minute, but Nuon Borey equalized for G.C National Police just eight minutes after Keo Sokpheng’s opener before Visakha got three late goals within eight minutes. Ngoy Srin restored Visakha lead in the eighty-fourth minute, while Cheo Myong Ho extended the lead to 3-1 from the penalty spot before Pak Song Chol bagged a stoppage time goal to secure three points for Visakha.

Preah Khan Reach Svay Rieng came from two goals down to secure a great 5-2 home win over Soltilo Angkor. Soltilo Angkor stunned the home team as they took a two-goal lead thanks to Phan Makara’s early strike and Dzarma Bata’s penalty. However, the home side equalized with two late goals from Nen Sothearoth and Sergio Barboza just before half time. The visitors went down to ten men early in the second half before Preah Khan Reach Svay Rieng demolished them with three consecutive goals. Suon Sovan struck to give Preah Khan Reach Svay Rieng a 3-2 lead before Nub Tola made it 4-2. Sergio Barboza got his second goal of the match to help Preah Khan Reach Svay Rieng secure three points at home.

Angkor Tiger came from behind to secure an impressive 3-1 win over Western Phnom Penh. Yan Sokha stunned the Siem Reap-based club with his early strike to give Western Phnom Penh the lead in the third minute of the play. Taing Sopheak struck late in the stoppage time of the first half to equalize for Angkor Tiger before midfielder Pov Phearith scored just four minutes into the second half to give Coach Oriol Mohedano’s side a 2-1 lead. Sing Narith scored a further goal to fire Angkor Tiger to a 3-1 come-back win.

Asia Euro United secured three points following a hard-fought 3-2 win over Phnom Penh Crown. The university-based club were in front through Marie Privat’s tenth minute strike, but Valci Junior equalized for the six-time champions from the penalty spot just seven minutes after Marie Privat’s opener. Valci Junior got his second goal of the match to give Coach Luke Sainsbury’s side a 2-1 lead before Asia Euro United bagged two late goals within four minutes. George Kelechi drew Asia Euro United level before Marie Privat netted the winner for Coach Sok Veasna’s side in the eighty-sixth minute.

Boeung Ket put Electricite Du Cambodge to the sword with a 5-0 victory through their great dominance of the match, giving Coach Prak Vuthy’s side no time to shine. Sun Sovanarith gave the defending champions the lead in the thirty-seventh minute of the play before Chan Vathanaka extended the lead to 2-0 just before half-time. Mat Yamin scored Boeung Ket’s third goal before Khun Sengthai headed his first goal of the season to make it 4-0 for the three-time champions. Maycon Calijuri headed home from the near post to secure an easy 5-0 win for Coach Hao Socheat’s side.